Thursday, October 25, 2012

For the Birds...

I have been busy swappin' again, and this time it was for a Lucky Parcel. For those of you that are not familiar with Lucky Parcels, they are a selection of items gathered together with a particular them, and are place in a container of some sort that also depicts the theme. The theme for this particular Lucky Parcel was birdies. I made my partner a little birds nest necklace with come copper wire and freshwater pearls, and then  I stamped a little muslin bag with a birdcage to keep the necklace in. I included a package of Prima birdies for her own crafty projects, a cute little notebook with birdies on it, and some Heidi Swapp bird stickers. I needed something cute to package it all up in, and just couldn't find the right thing, so I decided to whip a little something up. I took a brown bag, cut the top off, inked it up a bit, added some Tattered Angels sprays, a couple of die cut birds, a seam binding handle, and some trim scraps, and Voila! A few minutes and I had a one of a kind package for a "tweet" friend. (Sorry I couldn't resist) Oh, and what does that G have to do with birds? Absolutely nothing, it is the initial of her first name :o)


No comments: