The Front of the block. I used the original blue W, sanded it a bit to lighten the color, added distress ink,
and coated the W with clear glass glitter for an ice crystal effect.
One of the sides, collaged with tissue tape, edges sanded and distress, and a
felt snowflake layered with clear glass glitter and a little gem to finish it off.
This side was was covered with Christmas themed tissue tape, and some vintage style ephemera snippets, a little silver glitter star with gem and dusted with vintage mica snow flakes.
This side was covered with a vintage style sticker, edges sanded and inked and a little Stickles for
And these two photos show the top of the block. I layered two vintage buttons on the bottom
a large one, a smaller one, and topped it with a vintage chandelier prism. I liked the icicle knob effect that it gave to the piece. Of course I sanded and inked the edges and dusted the edges with that glorious vintage mica snow, that I pulled from my stash! I really liked the way it turned out. a tiny piece of art to tuck on a shelf. After I had already glued the buttons together and onto the block, I thought that I could have put some snow, or beads under the bottom button as it domed up quite a bit. It would have given it a little movement/snowglobe effect. Good thing I have the rest of the alphabet still to work with!